Eating and drinking in Paris isn’t so much about food and wine. It’s really about easing the process of ordering food and having a good time – or at least not a stressful time- doing it. In a food guide “Eating and drinking in Paris – French menu translator & Restaurant guide by Andy Herbach, I read 10 simple rules :
1. Avoid eating in a restaurant that has a menu written in English.
2. Don’t be afraid. They can’t and won’t hurt you.
3. Don’t ever call a waiter “garçon”
4. Try to make reservations.
5. Return to a restaurant if you like it.
6. Parisians dine leisurely.
7. Don’t talk loudly.
8. Stand your ground without being aggressive.
9. Visit a street vendor at least once in Paris.
10. Alway be courteous. Remember that you are a guest in their country.